Go Snowshoeing in the woods of the Dolomites in Italy
Many go skiing in Madonna de Campiglio, but you don’t have to. Often visitors can enjoy the immersive display of the snowy mountains of the Brenta Dolomites by snowshoeing. Snowshoes are worn over regular hiking books and trekking poles to assist in walking in fresh snow.
Keep your eyes peeled for deer, roe deer, chamois or mountain hares. Start from the ‘Dolomiti Luxury Hotels’. Here are a few itineraries to give you some idea of where to start snowshoeing.
• Panoramic ‘Dei Siori’ path is a straight forward trail, which captures the best of the Brenta Dolomites.
• For larger panoramic views overlooking the Dolomites and surrounding skiing areas head to Ritorto Malga Ritorto where you past through the woods of Madonna di Campiglio first.
• If you’d like to see an icey lake then set your journey to end at Val Nambino or Lake Nambino which is claimed to look amazing in the wintertime.
• For challenging and higher slopes head up to Campo Carlo Magno in Anella Vaglianella, which is excellent for snowshoeing. Apparently it is the most ideal trail.
• If you’d like to capture photographs of beautiful frozen waterfalls then hit Vallesinella on the route of Dell’arciduca. It is known for having its own charm being perfectly aligned to the sun.
For more information about the passionate and colourful culture of Italy, click here.