- DestinationsAfricaAmericaArabian PeninsulaEurope
Family Adventures to Machu Pichu and Amazon 19 days from £3,911 per person for this Easter.
The top sights of Peru will leave all the family thrilled by the amazing scenery, ruined temples, colonial cities and exotic wildlife. You travel from the dizzy heights at the rim of the Colca Canyon, one of the deepest in the world, and the floating reed islands of the Uros Indians on Lake Titicaca to Machu Picchu, the Inca Lost City, once buried under the tropical forest which surrounds it.
Fly from the capital, Lima to the colonial plazas of Arequipa, Peru’s White City, which sits in the desert in the shadow of Volcano Misti. Travel by road up through stark desert to remote Colca Canyon, where a traditional rural lifestyle has been kept.
Continue to your family adventure, drive on to the icy, blue waters of Lake Titicaca: spend time with the farmers and fishermen who live there.
Continue by road to historic Cusco, showcase of Inca and Spanish colonial treasures. It’s a short drive to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, with ruined temples and beautiful country walks. Travel by rail through a narrow gorge to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, set on a mountain saddle above the Urubamba Valley which leads down to the Amazon: you will travel by short flight and boat to a wildlife lodge for your family adventure and wildlife spotting.
4 flights (1hr); 3 road journeys; 2 rail journeys (longest 3.5hrs).
Here we use a mix of family-friendly hotels, choosing accommodation we think is very comfortable but also extremely well located and with some local character. Whether colonial in style or modern they have well-equipped rooms, private bathrooms and heating.
Breakfast daily, lunch days 2, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12; full board days 15-17.
We carefully select our local partners, some of whom we have worked with for over 25 years. Their English-speaking guides understand the expectations of our clients very well, and are consistently singled out for praise by the latter on their return.
• Lima: Tour of markets and street life
• Arequipa: city tour with Santa Catalina Convent
• Lake Titicaca: Taquile and Uros Islands, Luquina Chico
• Cusco: city tour and surrounding ruins
• Ollantaytambo: Walking around Huilloc and Pumamarca
• Sacred Valley: excursion to Inca ruins and villages
• Machu Picchu: guided tour
• Puerto Maldonado: daily excursions in the Amazon jungle
Summary of nights
19 days, 18 nights: Lima 1; Arequipa 2; Colca Canyon 2; Lake Titicaca 3; Cusco 2; Sacred Valley 2; Machu Picchu 1; Cusco 1; jungle lodge 3; Cusco 1.
Included in your Family Adventure to Machu Pichu and Amazon price
• Services of our team of experts in our London office.
• Local representatives and guides.
• All land and air transport within Latin America.
• Accommodation as specified.
• Meals as specified.
• Excursions as specified, including entrance fees.
Not included in the journey price
• Tips and gratuities
• Meals other than specified
• International flights to Latin America
• Airport taxes, when not included in the ticket
• Optional excursions